Infidelity Statistics - More and more relationships will be in trouble because of cheating
Infidelity statistics are staggering! Results from the Associated Press dating back over ten years ago reveal some disturbing results.
I want you to take a look for a second at the stats below. These stats were deemed conservative then. Wow!
Infidelity Statistics (Remember. These were conservative!)
- 22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
- 14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.
- Younger people are more likely candidates; in fact, younger women are as likely as younger men to be unfaithful.
- 70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses' extramarital activity.
- 5 percent of married men and 3 percent of married women reported having sex with someone other than their spouse in the year1997.
- 22 percent of men and 14 percent of women admitted to having sexual relations outside their marriage sometime in their past.
- 90 percent of Americans believe adultery is morally wrong.
- 50 percent of Americans say President Clinton's adultery makes his moral standard "about the same as the average married man,'' according to a Time-CNN poll.
- 61 percent of Americans thought adultery should not be a crime in the United States; 35 percent thought it should; 4 percent had no opinion.
- 17 percent of divorces in the United States are caused by infidelity.
- About 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an affair at some point in some marriage "Monogamy Myth", Therapist Peggy Vaugn
- About 24 percent of men and 14 percent of women have had sex outside their marriages.According to a Dec. 21, 1998 report in USA Today on a national study by the University of California, San Francisco.
Now let us fast forward to the present, where information and people are literally at your fingertips because of the internet.
What do you think these stats would look like today?
Better yet, what do you think the "true" stats would be if more people revealed their situation when it came to infidelity?
I think the infidelity statistics would blow our mind if we knew the truth. This is what today’s society is up against when it comes to trying to build and maintain a committed relationship.
My wishful thinking is that more and of us individually will "CHOOSE"to be responsible once we engage in a committed relationship. If we can lower these infidelity statistics, then it's a start!
There's nothing wrong with wishful thinking right?
"Eighty percent of
married men cheat in
America. The rest cheat in Europe." - Jackie Mason (1934-) U.S. comedian
Which Country Has the Highest Rate of Infidelity?
Return from Infidelity Statistics to Cheating and Infidelity