Are You In a Troubled Relationship?
Are you in a troubled relationship? Relationships are tough enough as it is, but when you are dealing with the difficulties and stresses from that arise from infidelity, it makes it that much harder to steer your way in the right direction.
What’s crazy is things can change in a jiffy, almost as a pendulum would swing from one extreme to another, a relationship can take the turn for the worst very quickly.
If cheating or infidelity is the root of your troubled relationship, you need to confront the situation before it gets out of control. Whether you choose to work at making it through the tough times, or you choose to move on, there are a few things you should do.
Signs of a Troubled Relationship Tips
- There is MORE of spending less time together. As things develop, time apart begins to grow. Sometimes its one person that avoids the situation, other times without realizing it, both people actually avoid the situation somehow thinking it will simply work its way out. It can, but you are not giving yourself the best opportunity to get it resolved.
- As the time apart grows, the frequency of sex diminishes. As you lose the intimacy of the relationship, act of love making is almost a chore.
- One or both of the partners are easily angered or angry a lot. Emotions are like steam that builds up and somehow will need to be released. Guess, who takes the brunt of the release?
- You are noticing that you or your mate is getting irritable over things that you might of shrugged off or maybe even laughed at in the past.
- Blame is distributed like Santa Clause hands out his gifts! “It’s your fault that…” or “If it wasn’t for you…” becomes commonplace.
Troubled Relationship Advice and Tips
- Communication is KEY to get you through the troubles of infidelity. You will need to have an open “heart to heart” talk with your spouse or loved one so that you will be able to eventually make a decision on battling through the difficulties that are ahead or choosing to go on your separate ways. This “heart to heart” will almost certainly not happen anytime in the early stages after infidelity is discovered, but you need to work up to it.
- Give each other space. If you walk up to a painting and place your nose up against it, you can’t see the beauty right in front of you. Take a step back and see the whole picture.
- Change is not bad. If you were thinking of doing something that is different, GO FOR IT! You have nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain as you explore what life has in store for you. Trust your instincts.
- Make your judgment as objectively, as you sit back from afar looking at your relationship. What would you think of your relationship if you were someone else observing it from the outside. Would they think you are crazy to put up with all that you do? Are you crazy?
There are no definite answers to resolve all troubled relationships, but you need to give yourself the best opportunity to be happy.
"She just seemed
very distant and cold
from one day to the next" - Chris from Des Moines, Iowa
If you are still struggling with your decisions and you are feeling overwhelmed, don’t be afraid to seek infidelity counseling.
Return from Troubled Relationship to Infidelity Relationship Problems
Take Me to Cheating and Infidelity