Breaking Up With a Cheater
Breaking up with a cheater is not as easy as it sounds. Unless you are faced with this heart wrenching decision, you have no idea what courage it takes to do this especially if you have a lot invested in your relationship.
The problem is there are MANY relationships that have survived infidelity to become even stronger than it was before.
If you had that crystal ball to look into and see what was ahead for you and your loved one, the decision would be an easy one.
You could see months of pain that would eventually lead you to a happy ending, or maybe you would see a familiar road that is filled with nothing but heartache and pain.
Well, we don't have that magical crystal ball to guide us when we are deciding if breaking up with a cheater is way to go, but we do have our god given instincts.
Believe it or not, you CAN get far by following them.
If you are guided and led to break up with your loved one for infidelity in your relationship, there are things that you need to do to help get you through the tough times.
10 Things to Know When Breaking Up With a Cheater
- Remember, it's not your fault. No matter what you your relationship may have been lacking, you did not force your mate to cross that line of trust. There weakness is at fault.
- Write down your daily feelings. By putting it on paper, it allows you to get it out your chest which will be needed to eventually cut you free of the emotional baggage.
- Focus on the future. The past cannot be changed but the future is BRIGHT! You can control that! Start making your plans for the future now.
- Get back in shape. Exercise releases endorphins, and chemicals that will help to pick you up and get you on the track to feeling good again. And you'll get that killer body that you let go over the years geared up for the future! :)
- Stay active. Get back in touch with that friend that was distanced because of your relationship.
- Try something that you've always wanted to while in your relationship but just never had the time to do so. Find a new hobby or take the time to go back to school and learn a new language.
- Allow yourself to release and let go of the anger and resentment that you have bottled up. Until you are able to set these negative feeling free, your happiness will be hindered. The baggage of your past relationship will be problems for someone else. Whew!
- Remember, it will only get better from here. Really believe this because it will happen but the quicker you are able to get your thoughts on positive thoughts, the sooner it will be reality.
- Respect yourself. If you have come to this point, have faith that you made the right choice and stand by it with conviction. Breaking up with a cheater wasn't easy, praise yourself for having the courage to make a choice for a better life.
- You don't have to do this alone, seek help with trustworthy friends, an infidelity counselor, or other professionals depending how rough things are going for you. Remember, this wasn't your fault so you don't have anything to be ashamed of.
"I was finally able to leaving his cheating A**!"
The road to your new found happiness will start with you. Take the time to learn more about yourself and find out what truly makes you happy.
You may learn and see that you were in a relationship in which you weren’t truly happy, but remained because you felt comfortable and safe.
You deserve more than comfortable and happy!
Good luck and come back as we post more to help get you through the tough times.
You did it! You broke up with a cheater! Good for you!
Return from Breaking up with a cheater to Cheating and Infidelity