Signs of Infidelity
Here Are the Key Signs to Know That May Save Your Relationship!
So what are some signs of infidelity you should be aware of? If you are in a committed relationship or marriage you should definitely have some trust. It should be mutual, but it should also be earned!
I hear so many people stating that things aren't adding up with stories that their loved ones are telling them.
However, they do not look into it because they feel the sacrament of marriage will protect them from their spouse being unfaithful to them.
This is indeed the way it should be, at least for me and most of society.
But as we know, that is sadly not reality.
Infidelity Statistics that Say Otherwise: (Remember. These were conservative!)
- 22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
- 14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.
- Younger people are more likely candidates; in fact, younger women are as likely as younger men to be unfaithful.
- 70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses' extramarital activity.
- 5 percent of married men and 3 percent of married women reported having sex with someone other than their spouse in the year1997.
- 22 percent of men and 14 percent of women admitted to having sexual relations outside their marriage sometime in their past.
- 90 percent of Americans believe adultery is morally wrong.
- 50 percent of Americans say President Clinton's adultery makes his moral standard "about the same as the average married man,'' according to a Time-CNN poll.
- 61 percent of Americans thought adultery should not be a crime in the United States; 35 percent thought it should; 4 percent had no opinion.
- 17 percent of divorces in the United States are caused by infidelity.
- About 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an affair at some point in some marriage "Monogamy Myth", Therapist Peggy Vaugn
- About 24 percent of men and 14 percent of women have had sex outside their marriages. According to a Dec. 21, 1998 report in USA Today on a national study by the University of California, San Francisco.
Signs of Infidelity to Be Aware Of:
- You get that gut feeling that tells you he/she is cheating on you. Things just aren't adding up anymore. Because of these stories, you get frequently get the urge to snoop through their things.
- When you question then they get very defensive. They might even get mad at you to throw you off. This is a common technique used to get you off the topic. They may lash out at you whenever they can. By finding a reason to lash out, they are easing their guilt while almost justifying their cheating ways.
- You are feeling that disconnected feeling within your relationship. This may be occurring because all of their romantic energy is being given to someone else. They only have one heart to give!
- You discover e-mail accounts that you didn't know existed. When you ask about it, their explanation doesn't really jive.
- They don't invite you around their friends, company events, and other social activities. The work environment is one of the number one places that affairs (cheating at the workplace) are initiated. They are also afraid to have you around their friends in fear that one of them might slip up. It is not a controlled environment for them.|
- Unusual mood swings. These are one of many signs of infidelity that you should not ignore. This mood swing may be triggered by the internal conflict and struggle that you loved one is going through during their time of infidelity.
- The sex frequency has changed! Something is wrong and this is one of many prominent signs of infidelity that couples overlook all the time. For some women, they will almost feel like it's wrong to have sex with her fading boyfriend while in this new affair. Guess what, you lose out!
- A "friend" has come into the mix. You hear more and more of this friend but get no details when you ask about them. "She's only a friend!" or is she?
- Their priorities have shifted drastically away from you. Your regular outings with him/her are not too regular anymore. The new affair will require more time. You lose out!
- Their physical appearance and style has changed overnight. Just like she use to "dress up" when you started dating, she will feel the need to impress her new man. Her style has started to conform to his. Has your husband all of sudden a health and fitness freak. Not only must he look and feel good for his new fling, but the gym is a great excuse to buy him some time away from you.
- Their conversations no longer start with "We"; they have been substituted with "I". Where your opinions use to mean the world to them, it no longer is needed before they make big decisions.
- They are not in the mood to "blank" with you, but the second a friend calls they are ready to go "blanking". This time away allows them to communicate with their new lover.
- What's worse than when they nag you constantly? You got it! The total opposite! They don't seem to care anymore what you are doing or what's going on in your life. (Ex. Doesn't mention how proud she is for you getting your promotion where she would have been all over that in the past.)
This list of signs of infidelity is not the answer to your relationship troubles, but it should serve as a cheat sheet of key signs to look out for if you suspect infidelity or if you are going through a period where you seem to have a lack of trust for your partner.
In fact, almost anything out of the ordinary can be taken as signs of infidelity. So, the important thing is to trust your gut feeling when it comes to determining where you stand in your relationship and what your partner may or may not being doing.
You will find many other tips and advice here when it comes to obvious and inconspicuous signs of infidelity.
Return From Signs of Infidelity to Cheating Home