Are you Dating a Cheater?
Are you Dating a Cheater?
Unfortunately in this day in age, many relationships meet their demise due to the cheating ways of one or both partners—temptation is everywhere and for the sociopathic cheaters out there, it can be hard to resist when an opportunity to stray presents itself.
If you are in a relationship and you suspect that your other half is being unfaithful, the image of them in the arms of another is almost enough to send you into a frenzy that has the potential to land you a spot on America’s Most Wanted List…so before you let such emotions get the best of you, be sure to check out the following ways you can determine whether or not you have a no-good, lying cheater on your hands:
What do people who date cheaters have in common? The people who lure in the cheaters typically have a few traits in common. If you would use any of the below words to describe yourself, proceed with caution in your relationships and watch for red flags with the people you choose to date:
• Extroverted. You are a strong-willed extrovert who likes excitement. Cheaters can’t help but be attracted to you for they are often outgoing, adventure seekers themselves.
• Laid-back. You are an easy-going, relaxed individual who goes with the flow—cheaters like you because you easily cooperate.
• Compassionate. Cheaters seek people who are tenderhearted, empathic and understanding. These nice traits of yours sadly make for easy manipulation.
What are the signs of a cheater? It’s easy to fall into the wandering hands of a cheater…they are often charming, sweet and many of us can’t help but to be drawn into their traps like moths to a flame. It can be hard to spot in the beginning—things are happy, you are falling in love and you think that you’ve finally met a decent human being—that is until you start getting the vibes that they might not be as decent as you originally thought. Here are some of the tell-tale signs you are dating a cheater:
• Scandalous past. Have you uncovered that your lover’s past was far from faithful? Have you ever heard of the saying, “once a cheater, always a cheater?” Well it is one to which attention should be paid. Now, there are the exceptions and cases of reformed cheaters, however, these are few and far between. Did your partner also lead a sexually adventurous lifestyle before you where he or she had too many conquests to count? Another red flag—just because you have tied them down with the title, “in a relationship” doesn’t mean they will actually adhere to those words—remember, old habits die hard. Be mindful of their past and keep your eyes open to the present so that you don’t get played.
• Lies and deceit. Trust and honesty are the foundations of a healthy relationship…and if your partner has broken your trust with a lie, be careful where you step because these seemingly small fractures in your relationship could signal an even bigger problem—cheating! Inconsistencies in your partner’s stories about where they were on Friday night, who keeps calling their cell phone at 3:00 a.m. or why they are staying late at work should not go ignored. No matter what, there is no excuse for lying.
• Turning the tables. Is your significant other all of a sudden questioning your whereabouts, every move and seems untrusting of you? If so, beware. Often times cheaters are dealing with their own guilty conscience—so they get paranoid that you might be doing wrong as well and look for ways to put the blame on you.
• No satisfaction. We have arrived at yet another cheating trait that boasts huge, glaring red flags. If your partner is the type who is never satisfied, always wanting more and thriving on little thrills…don’t bypass it. These types of people can never get enough and even if you’re giving them everything you can, there is the likelihood that they could venture outside of the boundaries of your relationship to see what else is out there.
• Non-existent sex life. In the beginning, you couldn’t keep your hands off of each other…now your bedroom escapes are basically non-existent. If you are struggling to spice things up and your partner seems less than interested, there is a chance that they could be getting the goods elsewhere.
• Believe that cheating is ok. This is a big one. If the person you are dating doesn’t see infidelity as a big deal, their behavior is likely to reflect their opinion on the subject. If you do feel like cheating is wrong (like the normal 99.9% of all other human beings), it might be best to terminate the relationship before you invest more time, emotion and feelings into someone unworthy of them.
• Intuition never lies. You’ve seen enough episodes of Jerry Springer to know when something isn’t right—but you don’t need a daytime talk show to tell you what you feel in your gut. Your intuition rarely lies—so when you get that feeling, be sure to listen to it. You shouldn’t have to continue in a relationship that makes you uneasy or unsure of whether or not your partner is abiding to their fidelity.
Joe Morris is a guest post author who shares with us ways to tell if you are dating a cheater. In addition, Joe also writes for Best Dating Sites where he offers information to online singles about dating on the web.
You may also be interested in:
Signs of Cheating Men